Saturday, December 29, 2007

Home in Alaska

After a wonderful trip to Virginia for Christmas, we got home to Fairbanks late Wednesday night. We barely made our connection in Seattle (12 minutes to spare) and our luggage didn't make it so we picked it up the next morning.

Jon got a gun from my dad for Christmas, which he was very excited about. It is a 45-70, or as Jon says, "A good moose hunting gun." It made it safely home on the plane too. After sleeping in most of the morning on Thursday, we got up and cleaned house. I put all the Christmas decorations away and took all the ornaments off the three. Then, Jon took the tree outside. It lived for over a month in our house! Talk about a hardy Alaskan tree, huh. We put up a new desk in the spare bedroom and I also did some laundry. Then we picked up our luggage and went to his brother's house to visit for a bit.

Back to the grind of working for us both on Friday. I had a good day, busy and had good patients. We went Friday night and saw "National Treasure," which was good. Then time for bed cuz 0530 would come early this morning!! Work today has been slow so I've been working on youth group activities and planning for the spring. I am scheduled to work tomorrow but we are praying that I get the day off due to low census so I can go to church and visit with his folks. Hope that it happens!!

Praises: safe trip home, great visit in VA, great times with family & friends, a clean house!
Prayer Requests: our jobs, youth group, safe travel, our families

No comments: