Friday, January 18, 2008

Home safe

Wednesday was a longgg trip home. Davanea and I left around 830am and didn't get home until around 230pm. The first hour, we drove through snow 12 inches deep on the road!! Then, the snow finally stopped and it was beautiful...for about half a second. Then, it was windy as all get out...blowing snow all over the road and making drifts. Then, I put the car in the ditch. :0) In the time that it took me to put on my snowpants, we had a truck come and pull up. We just dug the snow out from around the tires and he pulled us out. Probably 5 seconds of sliding (right into the ditch, which was full of snow!) and then 15 minutes of digging and we were on the road again. Praise the Lord for strangers willing to help and safety getting home. Didn't see any moose though, so that was also good.

Youth was good on Wednesday. We are working on scripture memorization. So you can pray that Jon and I will do good and that our kids will strive to really learn some good verses. I worked on Thursday and I'm back at work today. I'm looking forward to a day off on Sunday!!!

Please continue to pray for my Pap. He had his pacemaker/defibrillator put in Thursday and is doing well. He is expected to go home soon from the hospital.

Praises: safety on the roads, good day at work
Prayer Requests: Pap, Natalie, Jon's job.

No comments: