Friday, December 5, 2008

Cold days

It is definitely winter here! On Wednesday, it was about -20 degrees, which means that winter is here full blast. We have been enjoying warmer temps this week, which means about 10-20 degrees above zero. The days are long, with sunrise around 10:30am and sunset around 3:00pm. We have approximately 5 hours of daylight right now and we are losing 3-4 minutes of sunlight daily until Dec 21st. But there in lies the hope! As of 12/21, we start gaining 3-5 minutes of sunlight each day. Thankfully, I'm always awake during the days and it is so pretty out, with everything covered in snow. I should take some pictures!!

Speaking of pictures, no updated baby pic today. My mother-in-law is over with me, watching baby so that I can clean up around the house and get some Christmas decorating done. We got our Christmas tree put up last night and I have about 3/4 of my decorating done. There are even some wrapped presents under the tree!! It is nice to have an uninterupted length of time to get just "stuff" done. Kaden is a cuddle bug, which we love! The only downfall being that he likes to keep my hands occupied holding him, not keeping up with chores around the house. But I got a sling to plop him into around my neck so we will have a "moms hands free" system soon.

Kaden was weighed today and he is up to 8 lb 13 oz. He will likely be 9 lbs by his 1 month check up. He has gained nearly a pound since birth and it seems like I can tell it. He has chubby cheeks that are very lovable.

We had a great visit with Luke and Charity last weekend. We also got to see Don and Millie Ressler, who were in to visit some friends in Fairbanks. They got to meet baby and Millie got to hold him. Seems like they are both doing well, keeping busy as usual. It was great to see them! Anthony and Daisy, our friends from Glennallen, are on their way up as I type to spend the weekend with us. They have a little guy, Caleb, who is 2 months old this week! It will be exciting to introduce the little ones to each other, although it might not be as memorable to them as it is to us.

Well, I hear Kaden stirring (he was sleeping with Grandma) so I'm gonna keep moving to get stuff done. It will be time for him to eat again soon. More updates and pics to come!

No comments: