Thursday, January 8, 2009

Snow in Virginia


baby Kaden sitting on mama's lap


hanging out with mama, always taking pictures!


sitting with poppy, meeting butternut (one of my folks three dogs)


visiting with my friends, rebecca and rebekah (i know, its confusing!)

...So we woke up to snow on the ground this morning! Yea!! I love snow and it was quite a treat; although there was less than an inch. And it was gone by lunch time. But it was nice while it lasted.

Our visit here has been great thus far. We had a good weekend, seeing lots of friends and family. Monday was a fun day as we drove to Richmond, VA to visit my sister, Tabitha. We had lunch at Cheesecake Factory (one of my favs) and did some shopping (don't tell Jon...haha). Tuesday was a nice day to spend mostly at home, but I was able to have dinner with my folks and visit a friend from church. Wednesday was roadtrip day, as my mom and I drove with the baby to Lynchburg, VA to visit some friends from college. We had good, safe travels and had a good day visiting. Today has been a catch up day, although we did fit one visit in. There are some many friends and family to see, it is overwhelming. I won't get time to visit with everyone--one on one--but seeing so many folks at church was a treat. And my sisters and mom are throwing me and Kaden a baby shower this Sunday, so we'll get to see some more friends!

We miss Jon and he arrives Saturday. Pray for traveling mercies. Also, my entire family has been passing around a gastrointestinal bug so pray that the baby doesn't get it. And that we don't either!!

No comments: