Saturday, May 30, 2009

Happenings'

Quick update. Just got home from work. Long day because it was slow, with low census. Jon and the baby had a busy day, picking up our yardsale deal of a push mower for $100. It was nearly brand new, I might add (I found it :0) Kaden spent the afternoon with Grandma, while Jon got some errands done.

We had our friends, Rebecca & Brad, over for dinner last night. We had bbq chicken and played Dominoes. They had never played so I taught them how. Too well, apparently because Brad kicked all our butts and Rebecca's score came in second. Me and Jon were the experienced ones...and we lost! Haha.

Of note, during dinner there was another earthquake. Just another little one but this is two in two weeks. Little known fact that Alaska has a lot of earthquakes. I did some quick google.com research. In the last 30 years, Virginia has had 10 recorded earthquakes over a 3.5. In comparsion, Alaska has had 12,053 in the same time period! So no wonder we feel them so often. I guess the magnitudes are usually low (the ones lately have been around the 3-4ish mark so you feel them, but there was no reported damage or injuries. Betcha you just learned something!

Kaden seems to be doing better. We are on the new antibiotic, which seems to be helping already in the 24+ hrs he has been on it. He is sleeping in the carseat now, while I'm nuking dinner (leftovers, yum) and Jon is making room in the shed for all your yardsale treasures from this spring. We are headed to church tomorrow and then to Harding Lake, with the youth for a cooking and some swimming??? Maybe not. It was 56 degrees today :0) I'm sure we will have some stories to tell!!

P.S. I just found out that THREE of my friends are preggers. One is due in December, one in January, one in February. I better not drink the water they are drinking...it looks like its catching. Three tiny lives already growing! So exciting!!!

2 comments:

Mary said...

OK now I'm curious about who is pregnant. I know one of them, I think. Do I even know the other two people? Just curious :oP

jonerikagrant said...

you do know one of them! p.s. its not me!