Monday, July 6, 2009

Alaska and us

in Alaskan news...
Sarah Palin stepped down as our governor.
I guess she would rather be prez in 2012.
We'll see how that works out for her.

There are 48 fires actively burning in AK.
Forest fires are big up here.
Fairbanks is a smokey place at the moment.

Since June 21st (the longest day of the year,
with over 22 hrs daylight!!),
We have been losing an average of 5 minutes of daylight per day.
Fall will be here soon.

Since July 1, we have had weather of 80+ degrees EVERY day.
Might as well be in the VA heat...
but there is no humidity here...
just mosquitos. :)

in Grant news...
July is my favorite month
(second only to December because of Christmas!!)

This July...
... will mark me and Jon's 2nd year wedding anniversery.
... will mark my 27th birthday ( I perpetually feel like I'm still 24)
... will mark my two year anniversery of living in Fairbanks.

In other July news...
... it is also Tabitha & Courtney's ONE year anniversery.
... my mother-in-law's birthday is the same as mine.
... i like cake. good thing it is birthday time.

No comments: