Monday, February 18, 2008

Super Sunday!

Early monday morning and I'm at work. I wasn't scheduled to work but I knew they would need staff, so I signed up to work extra. I have a class on Thurs-Fri and I would have ended up about 6 hours short. So I'm not actually on overtime but I'm making sure I get a decent paycheck. We are busy so I'm fine with being here.

We had a Spaghetti Feed as a fundraiser for the church youth group yesterday. We had a good turnout, about 50 people and we made over $400!!! So that is awesome! The kids brought in the food, helped make it, set the tables, decorated, and cleaned up. They even brought in Valentine's candy as door prizes. We had a love offering to raise $$ to send the youth to a conference in Anchorage in March. It was a great success!

On Sunday afternoon, Jon and I visited with his bro/sis and their girls. Then, we went snowmachining. I rode Jon's brother, Dan's sled, and Jon rode his John Deere. I drove it safely (i.e. 20-30 miles/hr) and yes, I was wearing a helmet. Then me and Jon rode together and we exceeded 80 miles/hr (and yes, I was scared out of my stinking mind!!!) Jon has been riding them since he was 8 years old. This was my first time to ride one over 20 miles/hr. So I need to ride them more, get more comfortable and not be such a scaredy cat. But we did have fun! It was 20 above and beautiful out!!!

I have a staff meeting tomorrow at 0745. Ugg. Then I will spend the day cleaning up around the house. Wednesday is laundry day. I have class Thurs-Fri at work from 830-430. We are having company, Luke & Charity, over on Wed and Thurs night so that will be fun to visit with them. I have to work on Saturday (yuk) but I am looking forward to a relaxing Sunday.

Prayer requests: Natalie, my Pap, work, travel, Jon's preaching in 2 weeks, youth group
Praises: my folks are visiting in 2 weeks!!, youth meal going great, my Pap doing much better, our friends, Josh/Sara had a little baby boy, Caleb, this weekend, warmer weather

No comments: