Monday, March 3, 2008

A great preacher I have!

Jon preached on Sunday for the first time at our church. He did a great job! I was so proud! And impressed!! The pastor has been out of town for two weeks and asked Jon to preach on March 2nd. He spoke about Peter walking on the water and about doubting and distractions. His dad, brother/sis-in-law and sister and their kids all came to hear him speak. That was a great blessing too!!

On Saturday night, we picked up the girls from the youth group for a Girls Night Out. Jon took us ladies out to dinner and then dropped us off to see "Penelope," a fairytale of a movie. The girls loved it, and I enjoyed it too. Then, we went to Barnes to get some coffee and back home to play games. I kicked some butt at Dutch Blitz and we had pizza and watched "The Devil Wears Prada." I went to bed around 1230am and only one of the three were still up. So I think we were all tired!!

My parents come on Wednesday!! We are so excited to see them and to visit. I have lots of stuff that I'm hoping that we get done. Pray for good weather and that the northern lights come out!!

Praises: Jon's preaching, good youth night
Prayer Requests: traveling mercies (for Jon's folks going to TX and for mine coming up to AK), youth group, my Pap, our family, Jon's job

No comments: