Sunday, June 8, 2008

Back in Glennallen

After a great morning of worship at church, I'm down in Glennallen now working the nightshift. Makes for a long day! But I'm doing great so far. Of course, I have been here 1 hour and I have 11 more to go. :0) Hopefully it wll be a quiet night. There are over a dozen charts to audit and a patient room to clean up. There is SMP training this week, so the clinic needs a few extra hands. It suited for me to work three nightshifts to help out so here I am!!

I worked on Thurs-Fri, which were both busy days. We got some more unpacking done at the house after work and then watched "Beowulf." I'm not into animated movies that want you to believe that they are real. But all that said, I didn't hate the movie. More of a guy movie, for sure. And someone told Jon it was better than 300. Definitely not.

On Saturday, we slept in (praise the Lord, I'm all about sleep these days) and then got some cleaning and unpacking done around the house. We met Jon's folks and his brother, Matt, in Delta, AK (where his bro is working right now) and visited with them while they finished dinner. And then Jon and I went with Matt to Quartz Lake to go fishing. I would just like to say, I have a AK fishing license now. Don't be jealous. :0)So first we were fishing off this little dock. It wasn't going so well and no fish were biting. So Matt asked these local folks if we could rent on of their little putt putt boats. So us three headed out into the lake in the boat. For those of you who don't know, I'm not a huge fan of boats. Too fast and folks driving them tend to be the evil kinivel type. Well, fortunately for me, the motor was from the WWII era so we didn't putt very fast. And we didn't catch any fish :0( But we had a good time. Saw three mooses on the shore and an eagle while we were fishing. And actually saw fish jumping all around in the water near us, but alas, not one bit. We saw a bull moose on the way home and saw 8 mooses total on our trip down.


...Jon and his brother, Matt, getting their fishing on...


...jon out on the boat fishing...


...me and matt fishing our little hearts out...

My trip to Glennallen today was uneventful, but beautiful. Still much snow in the mountains but beautiful and green on the drive down. I really like spring! Time to get back to work! Another update soon!!

1 comment:

Luke, Charity, Wrangell, Stryder, and Archer said...

I think that would be meese not mooses.........